The family paradise in Tyrol with guaranteed snow
Skiing fun 800 m from the hotel – one stop on the free ski bus and you are at the slope and the children's practice area.
Galtür in Paznaun, situated at an altitude of 1,600 metres, is Tyrol's first climatic spa resort and presents its guests with a pioneering winter sports concept - the award-winning Silvapark. Six separate areas provide unlimited winter fun and many sports facilities - especially for families. Zwergerlwelt (Dwarf World), Abenteuerland (Adventure Land), Action Park and Heldenreich (Kingdom of Heroes) - these names are music to the ears of our young skiers.
The area, well-known to for its snow reliability, is considered the "heart of the Silvretta" and was created with the greatest possible respect for nature. Nowhere else do the giant glaciated mountains of the Silvretta region seem more beautiful and closer than in Galtür. The motto here is: “Experience the mountain” - and despite the progress that has clearly taken place, the idyllic mountain village has retained its original charm.
The high-altitude location is a true family paradise and has everything that puts a smile on the faces of our small slope adventurers and their parents. Here you will find all the important information you need to make a family holiday in Galtür even better. Experience the mountain!
- Ski paradise with 43 km of slopes (75% of which covered in snow) with a stunning panorama; 5 km are blue slopes, 26 km red slopes and 12 km black slopes; deckchair area
- Zwergerlwelt: Siggis Bambiniland with wave track, magic carpets, easy slalom, slide, igloo and much more
- Abenteuerland: Ultimate fun area with Soppapark, fairy-tale forest, hunting trail, magic carpet, merry-go-round, cross track and road
- Action Park: Fun and action with speedway, Zeinispark and mogul slope
- Heldenreich with Stamandli Trail, freeriding and half-pipe – best to be enjoyed with a trained ski guide, because the alpine dangers must not be underestimated
- High & Nordic: Step by step you discover the pristine winter landscape as you ski cross-country or tour along the 74 km cross-country ski run with the certified ski guide
- Fast lane for children: The Birkhahnbahn, Alpenkogelbahn, Ballunspitzbahn and Klein-Zeinislift lifts allow children to get on without waiting
Visit the quaint and well-kept mountain restaurants, enjoy the après-ski scene in Ischgl’s party area , only eight kilometres away (free bus) and go nighttime skiing on a Wednesday. Book a day with an experienced ski guide from the ski schools and experience the liberating feeling of carving your own tracks into the deep snow slope.
Wonderful fun on the slopes
The ski region is especially suitable for beginners and families, but it also offers great challenges for seasoned skiers and snowboarders. The Ballunspitze, Zeinisroute und Kopser Jöchl ski tours offer varied and fun skiing, and the Silvretta Ski Safari is just as great. A high-altitude cross-country fun run with guaranteed snow starts at the Alpkogelbahn mountain station.
Then there is the stunning Silvretta-Arena Ischgl region which boasts 42 lifts and more than 200 kilometres of slopes. Ischgl is easy to reach with the free ski bus.